I am so very pleased to receive a nomination for the Liebster Award! This award is presented by fellow bloggers to new bloggers in an effort to welcome them and get to know them better. ‘Liebster’ is a German word that can mean lovely, sweetest, cute, dearest and favorite. I was nominated by Heidi & Linda at Fabulous Fare Sisters. I can’t believe that they’ve only been blogging for a few weeks. When I’ve looked at their blog before I thought they were pros, not a newbie blog like me! They blog about some delicious looking food with plentiful pictures! Thank you so much Fabulous Fare Sisters!
Ten Random Facts About Me
1. I graduated with an Associates Degree before I graduated High School
2. I have a second degree black belt in karate
3. I prefer to drive a manual car than an automatic
4. I have one younger sibling right now, but I’m going to have 4 younger siblings soon
5. Christian and I have been dating for over 2.5 years and I love him so much, he is my inspiration
6. I may not look like it, but I listen to rock music, and I’ve been to more concerts than I can even remember
7. I used to be a part of a waterski team called the River Rats that put on a waterski show in the Mississippi River
8. I recently started Geocaching, and it is awesome! It’s like a scavenger hunt for adults!
9. My favorite book genres are fiction, specifically historical fiction, futuristic fiction, and fantasy.
10. I love to try new things
My Answers to the Nominators Questions
1. Who in your life irritated or encouraged you to do better?
There’s a lot of people who have done both, haha I don’t think I could pick just one. I’ll go with the obvious answer of my parents though.
2. What inspired you to do your blog?
Not what, who. I started a blog when I was younger, reviewing bands that I had seen live in concert but it was a disaster. I only wrote a few posts but I was discouraged when no one looked at them at all. That’s why when I was first thinking about starting a food blog I was too nervous to go through with it, I thought it would just be the same. No one would look at it or like it. It was Christian who convinced me otherwise. He told me to at least try, what was the worst that could happen? And I’m so glad I did. The support I’ve gotten has been amazing so far! I can’t believe it’s already been a month of writing, and I can’t wait for it to be more.
3. What is your favorite book or author?
This is a hard one. If you know me you would know that I read a lot. Although I think my answer would have to be Mitch Albom. I haven’t met a book of his that I haven’t liked. They are really short so they don’t take a long time to read, but they are just so good. I also love the Harry Potter books!
4. Who is your favorite tv show host?
Probably Pat Sajak, just because he hosts wheel of fortune. Growing up I would watch wheel of fortune with my grandma. She would promise me a dollar if I guessed a puzzle before it was solved. I have liked watching it ever since.
5. How often do you clean your oven?
Hehehe…. not very often. I think when I have a an actual house with a real kitchen I will clean it more often but I could just be kidding myself, it might be a good idea to get a self cleaning oven…..
6. What’s your favorite meal?
If you had asked me growing up, I would’ve said spaghetti and meat sauce. However, if you ask me now, I really don’t know. I just love food. But there is this amazing donut place where I go to school, if you’re ever in southern Minnesota please check out Bloedow’s (pronounced blay-dows) . You won’t be disappointed.
7. Where was your best vacation?
My dad grew up in Ocean City, New Jersey, and when I was little we would have a family reunion out there every other year. We did that until I was in 5th grade. His side of the family lives all over the US, and this was the only time we would all be together. It was the most amazing time, and I miss it quite often. (Shriver’s salt water taffy…. yum!) We would go every other fourth of July and sit on the front steps of a house that belonged to my second cousins and watch the fireworks. The house is now torn down and I wish we had gotten to do it one last time to say goodbye. But I will definitely bring my kids there one day so they can have the same memories on the boardwalk as I do.
8. Where was the most memorable place you ever ate?
Fogo De Chao. It is probably one of the fanciest places I’ve ever ate but it was amazing. If you haven’t heard of it this is not the place for vegetarians I can tell you that. When you come in they give everyone a coaster. One side is red and the other is green. The servers walk around the whole place with skewers of different kinds of meat. If your card is on the green side they offer you whatever they have. If your card is on the red side they stop. This was so expensive it was definitely a special occasion meal but it was amazing.
9. If you could choose any career what would you be?
A forensic Anthropologist. Yes like the show bones I guess, (I’ve never actually watched the show). I love anthropology. They analyze the bones/remains of dead bodies to determine how long they’ve been dead, as well as their cause of death. I know it sounds so weird that I would want to do that, but it seems like a puzzle to me, (as well as helping apprehend the bad guy kind of like a superhero).
10. What friend in your life gave you the most inspiration?
Growing up I didn’t really have a lot of great friends. I’m not going to go into details, but I was always a loner in a way. That’s why I have to say Christian. He is the first friend I’ve ever had that I feel like I can truly be myself around without being judged or criticized.
1. Eatin’ With Quinn – As someone who also lives in the Midwest, I feel a kinship with Quinn who writes about a lot of tasty recipes and understands long winters.
2. Rated Delicious– I look up to her blog. Her pictures always look so amazing, (as well as her food). I didn’t realize that she was newer at this at all until I started looking for others to nominate.
3. Peeled. Wellness At it’s Core – K was one of the first people to ever comment on my blog. And that has really stuck with me. I look up to her for inspiration and love hearing the facts about the food she shares.
4. Blue Bonnet Dirt Road – This Country lady talks about cooking, mixed with life. Her family sounds amazing and I love hearing the tidbits about life in between the yummy looking food.
5. A Spoonful Of Nature – I love their images, the photography is beautiful, and she makes me miss the coast sometimes. Plus her food seems very nutritious.
6. Crafty Coin – You may be surprised, but I like spending my pennies wisely 😉 So does BreAnna at Crafty Coin! She talks about great ways to get real food on a budget while sharing inexpensive recipes!
7. Becca Evermore – Becca not only shares some good looking recipes, she also posts about different crafts she does or the travels she goes on.
8. Hi, My Name is Saorise. – (I don’t know how to put the accent on the A, I’m sorry) This is probably the least food centric blog so far! She blogs about life, and travel. But the main reason I first started following her is the Around the World in 26 Breakfasts series. I love hearing about what different countries do for breakfast, and can’t wait to hear more.
9. Running With a Girl – You are the only non-food blog I am adding, but you deserve it. Seeing your posts in my reader helps to motivate me and get me moving. For the questions on the bottom, just replace everything food related with working out topics if you want. Keep it up, I need to work off the baked goods I eat!
10. ilariantaste – I love how the food she shares is healthier for you! (And it sounds so good) I also love hearing about her Italian traditions.
All of you are awesome, keep up the good work!
My Questions for the Nominees
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How did you develop your love of food?
3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. What’s your biggest dream/aspirations for the future?
5. What book/author would you most recommend?
6. What TV show are you addicted to right now? If you don’t watch TV, how about favorite movie?
7. What other hobbies do you have?
8. What’s your favorite memory (If you don’t mind sharing)?
9. What is the cutest breed of dog in your opinion? Or just what is your favorite type of animal?
10. What is your favorite recipe?
I know a lot of them are food related but I love food.
The rules of a Liebster Award are as follows:
• Put up the Liebster Award logo on a blog post
• Thank your nominator and provide a link back to his/her blog
• Write 10 random facts about yourself
• Answer 10 questions posted by the nominator
• Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award and inform them about it
• Come up with 10 new questions for your nominees
Thanks again for the nomination! If you prefer not to do anything about my nomination of you, that’s fine. Do as you please!
Happy Eating & Thanks for Reading!